Who we are
The Australian e-Government Technology Cluster (“eGov Cluster”), supported by NICTA, is a national cluster of organisations from Government, industry, research and academia. Its members are collaborating to improve and strengthen the use of ICT in the Australian government sector; and through this advance both public adminstration and the ICT industry in Australia.
The eGov Cluster’s mission is to foster Australian ICT innovation in all spheres of Government.
The Cluster is a catalyst for rich engagement between ICT innovators and Government agencies to improve:
- service delivery
- communication with citizens
- savings in costs and environmental impacts through streamlined operations
The eGov Cluster promotes ICT innovation through a number of channels:
- Collaboration projects through which Government identifies, develops and trials new technologies
- Networking events promoting ICT innovation to government including eHealth, Open Data, mobility and cloud computing
- Participation in major conferences and tradeshows such as FutureGov and CeBIT
The Cluster also provides access to a range of forums - seminars, workshops, conferences, and other events in which participants share ideas and experiences. NICTA’s Canberra Research Laboratory provides Cluster members with an opportunity to showcase innovative ICT solutions; and to undertake demonstration and trial projects for potential deployment in the government sector.
Formally launched in late 2010, with the support of the ACT Government, the eGov Cluster is based in NICTA’s Canberra Research Laboratory and is guided by a Steering Committee. The Cluster’s operations are run by a manager and an executive officer and are funded by NICTA, ACT Government and their partners.
Read more information about NICTA funding organisations and partners.